Sunday, December 25, 2016

Week 7 - I'm Still in BOISE (12/12/2016)

So I didn't get transferred so I get to stay here in Boise!! Wahoo!! This area is just so amazing I don't want to leave it. Hopefully I'll be here quite some time. Anyways, this week has just been full of amazing spiritual experiences that I can't describe. Starting off with the spiritual highlight, yesterday the stake had a Christmas program where a choir from every ward would participate. Our branch participated and it was only like 10 of us at most. But we definitely brought the spirit being such a small choir. Then the program proceeded with other such amazing songs as well and it was great. This week Elder Sarabia came up to me and said, " So I have an idea, but you may hate me for it." I was so confused, but I agreed to hear and he wants to enter into our missionary talent show that we have going on as a mission. I was alright sure, what do you want me to do. And he had mentioned that there is this song that he really likes that is approved by the church and I was like uhhh is there sheet music for it and he had said no. So...we ended up listening to it in the car for quite a bit and I picked it out and wrote my own version for it in three days. It is such an amazing song and will be sent after the talent show is over. Aside from that, we had snow this past week!! And I learned to drive in it!! Don't worry, no one is dead and we still have a car to drive. I also got some winter boots too, which are awesome!! I never thought I'd say that about boots, but they are magnificent. This has been a week to definitely remember. Umm we had few lessons this week, primarily with Less Actives and with Homero. Homero finally came to church, now he just needs to come one more time and he can be baptized!! This week has been tearful to because we had to give up one of our investigators to the Nampa mission which made us cry cause he totally was prepared to be taught. But the work is the work, it doesn't matter. I've learned some things this week as to how I can progress at being a better missionary and it is great. One thing in closing that I would like to leave with, is a scripture that I found in my personal study a few days ago. It has really helped in teaching some of our Less Actives so it really does work.  This scripture is found in the Book of Mormon 2 Nephi Chapter 2 verse 4 and it reads, " 4 And thou hast beheld in thy youth his glory; wherefore,thou art blessed even as they unto whom he shall ministerin the flesh; for the Spirit is the same, yesterday, today,and forever. And the way is prepared from the fall of man,and salvation is free."

No comments:

Post a Comment