Monday, December 5, 2016

Week 6 - First Transfer (12/5/2016)

Well I really don't have a lot to talk about except for the fact we got two new investigators this week. Which was really awesome, BUT we have to possibly give them to the Nampa mission cause they live in Caldwell...Which makes us sad. :'( But that was a real blessing to teach him because he felt the spirit so strong and he couldn't figure out what it was that he was feeling. He was raised Catholic all his life, but he felt that something was missing when he went there. And when he attended our church, he felt complete, full. It was the most greatest thing ever to hear that. We taught him the first two lessons and he felt the spirit greatly. Other than that that was pretty much the highlight of our week. 
We taught Antonio another lesson, but he doesn't want to pay tithing and he isn't keeping our commitments so we think he won't be baptized this week. Homero is progressing a lot, but he only has two more opportunities to go to church before his baptism. So yea that was pretty much our week summed up. We did go on exchanges this week and I got to lead the area which was awesome. Elder Jensen (who is our district leader and an English speaking Elder) came with me and we went and taught some lessons with Part Member Families and other people which was cool.
We taught Homero a lesson that night which I mainly led cause I was the only one who could speak Spanish... It's awesome that I had the opportunity to do so cause when Elder Sarabia leaves, the area is in my hands and whoever the Lord sees fit to give me as a companion. For now, this Christmas season is a good time to Light the World. Punny...
Anyways we had zone conference this week which was awesome and there was one thing that one of our Zone Leaders said that really caught my attention about my mission call. He said " This is the front lines. We've been placed somewhere, where people know God and what we are going to teach, before we teach it. God has trusted us here in this place, to teach those who are His lost sheep. He has specifically trusted us, to do the hard work. It won't be easy, but we can do it". I thought that was really awesome to hear because a lot of people aren't usually excited to serve in a place that is close to home. The work is hard, but it is really rewarding. Seeing others want to learn about Christ is such a blessing to see in the work here in Boise. It brings joy to my heart seeing others want to learn and come unto Christ. We are doing the hard work, but people want to listen cause they are ready to receive the word. 
This has been my week and I hope you all have a great week this week. I love you, I love you, I love you!! Take care
Love, 
Elder Ruesch

No comments:

Post a Comment