Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Week 16 - Progress! (2/13/2017)

Well this week has been super amazing!! So to start off with Preparation day last week, we played Volleyball and dang it was really fun!! I didn't end up getting my hair cut last week so I will be today. Finally... But anyways Volleyball was so much fun and I got to thank my cousin for helping me learn how to play correctly!! Because of her, I'm actually good. After that we attempted to see people cause our appointment cancelled on us so we went out contacting, but that was difficult enough. So Tuesday came around the corner. We went and actually had some really good spiritual thoughts and lessons with some people. We felt really good that day and intuned with the spirit. Wednesday came and we had interviews with President Bartlett. They went pretty dang well and he challenged me and Elder Rust to ride bikes for two days of the week. It'll be challenging, but doable. We then tried making contact with people which we did and got some appointments set for this week. It's going good. Thursday did we see some big success. So during our weekly planning we put forth just trying to call people to get appointments set and we've got quite a few set for the week and even last week which was amazing!! That night we went and saw three families and helped them out with what they were struggling with. We had a less active family tell us that they know they need to come to church, but they feel uncomfortable coming because they know no one. So we plan on changing that one here soon. Our last appointment for the night is what made our night. We met with a couple who had a lot of questions about the church. She is a member, but less active and he's not. They start asking us questions left and right, and wow was the spirit present in that room to answer those questions. I've noticed that being out the spirit helps all things. She had a lot of questions about happiness and how we can achieve that and the spirit was able to help calm her and bring peace to her heart with the answers that we gave through the Spirit! IT was really amazing to see that happen. The next day we had a really good lesson with a new investigator who we just started to teach and she felt at peace with the message of the Restoration that we shared with her. That same night we gave her a blessing so that she can overcome all the trials that she is having in her life that she can feel peace in her home and all that good stuff. It was really awesome and we had a member with us to that really helped us out in that lesson. And then came the lovely Saturday. Something that I like to call the diligence day. We went attempting to contact a lot of people, but no one was home. Which made us sad a little but it was alright. We got to talk with an investigator on his front porch cause we caught him as he was leaving, but we got to talk to him for a good amount of time. He invited us to come back Saturday again at the same time which is great. We then ended the night with praying with one of our Recent Converts Olga and it was really great. She definitely was in need of a visit that night. And Sunday. Oh we had a great Sabbath day and a good Branch Council too. We finally got to move forward with the new mission plan that we have had written up since January and we are excited to finally move forward with it. As well we kinda guilt tripped the Branch into visiting some families that have been in the Directory for awhile and haven't received any visits from the Branch except for us missionaries. Which is great cause now there will be more friendshipping happening. (I don't care if that's not a word, my English isn't the best any more). Well that ends my week and I'm excited for what this week will bring. I found one of my tags that I lost and that same day, a new order of tags for me arrived which was awesome. I now have the original tags I came out with and a whole new set of tags to represent with. I hope everyone has a stellar week and always remember, Heavenly Father loves you all!!


Love,

Elder Ruesch Sosa

No comments:

Post a Comment