Sunday, May 14, 2017

Week 28 - Service and Family (5/8/2017)

To start off cause I might forget this at the end of the email. If anyone has photos they would like to send me via email, please do so. I'm building up a digital photo album and photos are appreciated. If you have any photo of the two of us together, in a group with family or friends, or just of you solo that you'd like to send me, please feel free to do so. 
Well to start off, this week has been a crazy roller coaster ride full of service, fun, and laughs! Well on Preparation Day last week we hiked city of rocks which was really fun!! No Missionaries harmed in the process. On Tuesday we opened up and did some service for a potential investigator. It was quite fun cause we got to do yard work like mowing the lawn and mainly just cutting things. Things guys like to do. And again I promise, no one was harmed in the process. We then tried contacting afterwards and nothing again. Diligence and patience are key here as I proceed. The next day we did service with the same person again and helped out with simple things. We then did our studies cause that same morning was our District Meeting. Then we had our appointments all fall through and we spent another day of contacting which turned out semi-successful. The next day rolls around. And we got to visit with one of investigators on the porch cause it was a really nice day outside. Really beautiful day. We talked with her and shared a message then had to leave for dinner. Then after dinner, we had another appointment fall through so we went and contacted. And we found a family. We started talking with them just getting to know them and we found out that two of the daughters are not baptized. We were like yeah! Being diligent reaps its rewards!! We then ran across town to our appointment with Agustin and it went really well. We talked with him about the Plan of Salvation and kinda just made it a discussion like circumstance. It was awesome!! Friday then yet again turned into contacting... Days like that are hard. We ended up contacting and then we were going to do service, but the guy wasn't there. So we went and helped out a member. He was installing some hardwood flooring into a house and we helped him out with it. It was pretty cool to learn how to do all that. Then changed for dinner and the rest of the night we finished out with service. We helped out a member help out one of our investigators with his Quad. He was able to get it up and running and we were excited along with our investigator. Saturday was a successful day. We went out contacting with plans and wow the day was a blur. All I can remember is seeing people, talking, setting up return appointments, and getting to know a family. It was by far awesome and crazy. I can remember seeing a lady outside in the cold and me and my companion didn't have jackets on so we ended up freezing in the cold. That I do remember cause I remember all I wanted was warmth. Sunday was an amazing experience just getting to hear all the testimonies of people and translating those testimonies. I got to translate again in Sacrament meeting. I jinxed myself too cause I didn't think the person was going to come cause the meeting already begun. But he showed up and I hurriedly got it all set up to translate and began translating. After church we had dinner with a member which was great cause breakfast for dinner, went and gave a blessing, was asked to speak for Priesthood commemoration, and got 3 new investigators that we ended the night with. We talked with them for a long time just getting to know them, share experiences, music tastes, studies, work, you name it. We then shared the Prince of Peace with them cause that message is always a great one to share. We then left and called it a night. And here we are today. This week was a blur and I'm pretty sure the next one will be too. I love you all though and I hope you take care in the weeks that come!! Say something nice to your mothers as well!! They deserve it!!!
Love

Elder Ruesch Sosa

The way I study sometimes
When comp doesn't look at camera



After service

No comments:

Post a Comment