Friday, October 13, 2017

Week 49 - Training!! (10/2/2017)

Whew this week has been a blast!! So to start off with Monday. We had our preparation day activity and it was fun! We then went and had dinner and then off to a fantastic lesson with Erik, Ethan, and Elissa. They are so prepared!! They blow my mind every time we go over and share our message with them it's awesome!! We then visited with one of the active Hispanic families to see if they can help us acquire some information about how we can improve helping out the Hispanics here in the area. 

Tuesday came and it was the day of transfer calls. So excited I could hardly contain it! We went and did studies and then tried to see some people before dinner, but had little success. We had dinner and then went all the way to the corner of our mission to see the Miller Family. We had a great visit with them as we set goals to achieve. We then made it back to our place just in time for Transfer calls and they told me I'm staying in Malta....and.... TRAINING!!! I was so excited!! We found out some other things too and we now cover 4 wards!! Elba, Almo, Raft River, and Malta! They added two more wards for us! 

Wednesday was a day of packing for Elder Marin. He packed and I just read a whole lot to prepare for General Conference! We then tried some people, but they told us to come back another day. We then closed the night saying goodbye to some people.

Thursday, the great transfer day! So we drove to Twin Falls cause I had to be there for a training meeting. We got our training and they called us to go meet our companions. As we walked in we saw all the greenies and I was scanning through to see which one could I possible train. As I looked I saw one that I felt for sure would be the one I'd be training. And as they called my name and his, I knew I got it right. We went got his stuff did some shopping for him and we went straight to work. We found a new family that night and set a baptismal date with them which was really amazing!



Friday, we did a whole lot of planning finding out where we'll be for conference and introducing Elder Blaisdell to the area and missionary life. We had dinner and tried some people and invited them to watch General Conference and hopefully they did.

Saturday! The first day of Conference! We were spiritually edified as we watched Conference and partook of the wonderful knowledge that was granted unto us. We did a little training then watched the second session. We tried a few doors, but found no one. We then had dinner and watched the Priesthood Session! Oh how amazing conference was. 

Sunday was great!! We watched Conference again with some really awesome families. Correlated and had a huge lunch in-between sessions and then went and proselyted! We found 3 new people as we went and tried out some doors. It was a great experience for the both of us to find new people to introduce the Gospel to as they took our challenge, which our challenge came from the Prophet, whom received it from our Heavenly Father, to read the Book of Mormon the spirit truly touched them as they took the copy we had and shared with them.

This has been an amazing few days and I'm totally excited for the rest that come!! I hope you all enjoyed your week and are enjoying the moments you have with those that you love. I truly love you all and miss you all!! Have a miraculous Monday and week!!

Elder Ruesch Sosa

1. Elder Marin and I
2-3. Elder Blaisdell and I



No comments:

Post a Comment