Monday, October 23, 2017

Week 52 - Back to Boise!!! (10/23/2017)

So this week has been really awesome!! We got to start out our Preparation day with some good bowling and Elder Blaisdell and I really set a high bar! It was great. We then had our Preparation Day activity and I forgot my shoes and pics will depict what happened....

Tuesday we got to proselyte around Malta which was really fun. We walked a lot cause I didn't feel like driving at all. We made some contact with people which was great. We then went to Raft River and had a good lesson with a our investigating family and we read with them the famous chapter of 2 Nephi 31. It was really great and the spirit was strongly there.

Wednesday came and we went to Twin for a Zone Conference and it was very edifying as new things are coming our way and a lot of change. One of the things we got told is that all the Elders on our side of the Mission (Burley and Rupert Zones) will be heading to Boise to proselyte and invite people to the Meridian Temple Open House!! That was the most exciting news I heard that day!!

Thursday came and we built a log cabin for them. We got two levels of logs done and still have a long ways to go. We then planned had dinner and had two great lessons that night with Ethan, Ellissa, and Erik and then later the Millers. We had good meetings there and just wonderful spirits felt in both settings.

Friday, the day I waited for anxiously! We made our trip up to Boise and we left here around 6:45 and got there at 9:30. We started proselyting around the Boise South area and just went and knocked on as many doors as we could. It was fantastic. We then had a VIP tour of the temple and it was just amazing!! Words can not describe it! We then went and were given an area and tracted around Meridian. We hit up a whole bunch of houses and just invited as many people as we could to the Open House. We started at 2 and ended at 8:30. Non stop and it was great!

Saturday we got news we would be doing the exact same thing, but in the Boise West Zone, which was the Zone I started in!! It felt like sweet home being back in my Greenie area, but I wasn't exactly in my greenie area. We went on exchanges and I got to serve with Elder O'Connor who was in my first District when I got in the field. We had to do some convincing to let us be companions, but we got it worked out. We went into a subdivision and knocked out the entire subdivision. It was great. We had lunch in between cause we did start at like 10 had lunch then went back at it again and ended around like 5 for dinner. Then at 7:00 we made our trip back home. We got to our place at 10:04 and we crashed. I'm still tired.

Sunday we were tired.... We went to the Elba ward and had a good sacrament meeting as it was a farewell. We then had studies after church and dinner and then to close we had an amazing lesson with a new family we just picked up. It was a referral from someone in the Springdale 1st Ward (my previous area) and they are totally prepared. We got there and they have read up to 1 Nephi 9 in a week and they are just totally prepared for sure. They are the Taylor family and it's a family of 5. The dad is a member and the rest of the family isn't. But they are prepared!!

Well this week was fun and I loved going back to Boise. I truly miss my greenie area and I know for sure I'm gonna go back to serve in that Spanish Branch once more. I love you all and I hope you have great week!! Love you and miss you!!

Elder Ruesch Sosa

PS More pics to come next week..

1: Elder O'Connor and Myself at the Mission Office
2-4: Injuries...
5: A little girl gave me this in Boise





No comments:

Post a Comment