Monday, November 27, 2017

Week 57 - Light of the World (11/27/2017)

Elder Farr and I
So this week has been a good week. So last week we hit a quick Emergency Room Visit which everything is okay. My companion is alright he is currently wearing a brace to prevent any further damage to his wrist. Went on Exchanges that night to fulfill some appointments we had which were all really good. We did a lot of Light the World things cause we were preparing for the grand event that happened that night. 

Elder Farr and I
Tuesday to Thursday were really slow days just cause it was the Holidays and hardly anyone let us in the door. Quite remarkable how many "no's" we got this week. I lost count after the 10th one lol. We did a lot of work preparing for Friday night though which was really fun. We got a call saying the Mission President will be coming down for the event and we were kicking into high gear making it the best event ever. I also started working on a song for our Zone Conference Christmas Program. I'm currently in the process of writing one and I'll let you know how that goes probably in two weeks. We also did a lot of planning, like I said for the Light the World. Cause every year here in Rupert, since they are Christmas City, has a big kick off for Christmas! It was pretty awesome. They have a chili feed and then music going. And later, Santa rides in on a firetruck and turns on all the lights in the square. It was pretty fun.

Rupert Square/Light the World Event
Friday it was all getting ready for the event. We had interviews with our President and I had a very short interview. Pretty remarkable. Then Elder Farr and I went running around getting this event all ready!! It was great to see as the night finished, that it was a huge success, As a Zone, we handed our 301 invitations to watch Light the World. We had 4 TVs set up around the Square playing the video and we even had a tree that we put up with service ideas. It was a huge success and a huge blessing seeing it all take place. That night we went on exchanges and rolled into Saturday.

Rupert Square/Light the World Event
Saturday we spent a whole day contacting a lot of people. It was quite amazing, yet again, how many people could say no to us. But they did invite us to come back another day. 

Sunday we had a lot of meetings and visits that we did into wards. We were tired by like 12. We did a lot of good visits that day and even had some good lessons. Still getting to know the area a little bit better, but I'm doing pretty good on that.

Well that is my week for all of you! I love you all and I hope you have a great holiday season!! And please, check out the Light the World video that can be found on mormon.org It is a really good video and will make your Holiday season tons better than it already is. I promise you that!!! Well I love you all and miss you all!!! Enjoy your week!!

Elder Ruesch Sosa 

No comments:

Post a Comment