Monday, May 14, 2018

Week 79 - Finally left the Rupert Zone!!!!! (4/30/2018)

A lightsaber one of the Elders
had (it's the real deal)

Special effects that I did
Wow so this has been a crazy week to say the least!! So Monday we had a good preparation day and we got to work pretty fast after our activity. We went golfing and I didn't do too bad on 9 holes. Elder Cooke taught me well. We then just chilled around for a bit and we got to work. Sadly our appointment cancelled cause we didn't have a third male with us, so we just tried to meet as many new people as we could. Didn't have much luck finding new people, but we gave it our best shot. 


Tuesday was among the same thing, our appointments cancelled, they never got back to us, or they just weren't home when they said they would be. It was sad, but I guess it's all in the work. We just had to keep busy and it was also stressful with the anxiety of transfers. We helped out our Bishop in one of our wards and we killed some wasps nests. It was fun!! Didn't get stung so that was a huge plus!! We got transfers that night and I was leaving Rupert and I am going to Buhl!! Finally a change of pace from the Rupert Zone!! I've been in that zone for more than half of my mission! It's crazy, I love it, but I'm glad I get change. Rupert was nice to me, but I kinda started to go insane.

Elder Cooke and I one last time
Wednesday, I got myself packed up and it didn't take too long since I was already living out of a suitcase for the past 4 weeks. It was pretty easy. We did some studies in the morning with the other Elders that we lived with and then we helped out our former land lord with some things and had lunch at an amazing restaurant. It was sooo delicious. We then got on the work grind after that and we tried so many people, yet again. It was incredible how hard we worked. To close my last day in Rupert, I said my goodbyes to some of my favorite families in Rupert. It was hard to say goodbye, but I needed to move on. My work is done in that area.

After a hard day at work (back in the Acequia house)
Thursday was the great Transfer day!! Had get some kinks out for rides and things like that and just missionaries being stubborn before I left Rupert. Loaded up the car, said my goodbyes to the other set of Elders we live with and then we took off. Drove the Ford Escape for the last time (thankfully) and we got to Twin. Say some familiar faces and said some goodbyes to people. Met my new companion Elder Livingston and loaded up the car and we made our way to Buhl. It wasn't a far drive at all and it felt pretty nice to be the co-driver. We got to our apartment I got comfortable and we got right to work. We met some new people and had a few appointments that night. Elder Livingston gave me a basic low down of the area and then we taught an English Class. I think some of the Hispanics were surprised that I could speak Spanish. It was funny just seeing their faces. It was really fun!

Transfer Day
Friday we had studies and the great weekly planning session. Got a better low down of the area and on some of the people. It was awesome! We did some service for some of the members in the wards we covered and it was fun. We then got to work and tried some people. One of our appointments fell through cause they weren't home, but luckily we had back ups and we were able to try them out. We met a few people and hopefully from there we will be able go get good things done with them. We had our dinner and we got lost. It's a lot different then Rupert the whole grid system so I got both of us confused when I was guiding us. We got an email from the vehicle coordinator putting me as designated driver and I about cried, but there's always a reason for everything. We then tried some people after dinner and we had some really good contacts. I met my walking goal for the day and I felt really happy!!
Elder Livingston and I
Saturday was fun!! So we got all of our studies out of the way and we went to an appointment after our late lunch. They weren't home, so we ended up tracting this trailer park we were in. We found some really neat people and some people we believe that have some potential. We will be doing some follow up with the potentials. We also met some really cool members which was awesome! I honestly feel so great being able to walk more in this area. It' been really fun. We then tried some more people later on in a different part of our area that's more spread out and we met some cool members and some people that we think that soon we could be teaching them. We had some craziness when it came to our night schedule cause we had an appointment cancel and one that sporadically wanted us to come over. So we arranged plans and worked some missionary magic and we made our way to the appointment. We got it and I met the investigator. Really awesome and really has a glow about here when it comes to the Gospel. We were able to teach her something that fell to her needs and it was incredible. The spirit was definitely present in that lesson. We were able to see how the Spirit is able to guide us in this work.
A gift one of the members back in
Rupert made for Elder Cooke and I
(I'm the one with the poncho on) 
Sunday was pretty neat. I got introduced to 2 of the wards that we cover and I really like all the members that I have met. Didn't have to translate which I was disappointed, but it was all good. We did a lot of contacting and we even helped a new member family move in!! The ward was so on top of things and we got a whole trailer full of things unloaded in 45 minutes. It was awesome!! 

Needless to say, I love my new area and the change of pace that comes with it. I'm thoroughly enjoying all the new things that have been coming with everything. I know that the Lord has a purpose for me here and I hopefully will be able to listen to the spirit to move this work along. This will probably be my last area and it kinda has me thrilled to see how much I can work my tail off till the end. I love this work and I know that what we do, is joyous!!
I love you all and I do sincerely miss you all!! Have a great week everybody!!

Elder Ruesch

No comments:

Post a Comment