Monday, April 3, 2017

Week 23 - INSPIRATION (4/3/2017)

Well this week I have learned how prayers are answered. Through General Conference, members, and the Scriptures. So I've had a question for the longest time and this week I had it answered several times...and I mean several times! But I've also seen how it works in the life of one of our investigators. To start off we've done a lot of service this week. It has been awesome!! No I didn't fall of of a tree and hurt myself... Maybe just off of a porch that was 3 feet high into mud.. Yea that sounds about right. We worked with a member in constructing his new house. We were leveling all the dirt around the house so that when it rains, it doesn't form a mote around it. He had two of our potential investigators there as well helping out and we got a talking with them about the new Easter initiative! Awesome right?!?! I love being able to talk in Spanish like you have no idea. Both of them could speak English, but Spanish was a lot better for them so I had an excuse to speak in Spanish. We had a fun time talking with them and working with them throwing around some jokes and things and sharing the Easter Initiative with them #Prince of Peace!! We also did some service earlier in the week with an investigator whose dryer broke. So we showed up with a member and started to help fix the dryer. It was a tight fit so I vaulted myself up and over the dryer and behind it to start repairing it. The hose in the back came unplugged and wouldn't stay on the dryer. So we got two clamps and put one on the front and the other one on the back of where it would rest and tightened those two together and it stayed shut!! YAY!! She was so grateful for that and we also shared a quick message with her about how prayers will get answered and sometimes after a trial of our own faith. It helped her a lot with that quick message and when we saw her yesterday, it really did help. This week was just full of service and stuff so I really don't have much to add. Sadly no lessons, we're working on that but one thing that we did get to do was teach the Gularte family about Eternal Families and it was amazing!! The spirit was there and both the mom and other sister were following along in the lesson and asking questions when they were inspired to ask. It was a wonderful, wonderful occasion! I don't really have any much more to say, but that Prayers do get answered!! They may come in the most weirdest ways or aren't the answer we are looking for, but they do get answered!! Oh one more thing...General Conference!! How could I forget! We watched General Conference with 4 different members and each one fed us. We feel completely fat... But other than the food all the sessions were really amazing and inspired! I loved what they all had to say, but what President Uchtdorf said about fear really stuck out to me. He said " Change will only come when we over come fear and reach towards the love of Heaven. Only then will our hearts change." He then gave ways we can overcome this fear, but that was surely powerful to hear. All were inspired talks and things that were aimed to everyone in a different way. It is my testimony that these things are true and that our Father in Heaven loves each and everyone of us. I love you all and I can't wait to hear from you!! Te amo, te amo, y te amo!! Muchissimo!! 
Elder Ruesch Sosa
Agustina's Baptism

Agustina's Baptism

Saying goodbye to a really great member who was our neighbor


No comments:

Post a Comment