Monday, March 27, 2017

Week 22 - Confusing Weather (3/27/2017)

Well the weather here this week has changed several times and we've had good days and bad days here with weather, but none of the less, the work moves on! To start off, I'd like to say I'm having to practice English again because I'm not very well spoken in it any longer. English is becoming a foreign language all of a sudden.... Kinda humiliating, but luckily the spirit is with me on this one. So if there is Spanish in here, I do apologize again. It's happened to me several times during the week where I'll be speaking English and switch into Spanish because it's a lot more natural for me now. And thinking in Spanish is a lot easier also. Well to start off this week we went on exchanges with the District Leader and I went into his area while he came into ours. I got to chill with his companion and had a blast helping out the families he has in his area. So on Wednesday we visited with some families and a YSA member because we now have permission to do so. We met with him and shared with him Alma 37:37 which talks about counseling with the Lord in all matters cause he knows what's best for us. We then visited with a Less Active family who wants to take the lessons to remember all of the lessons and things like that and it actually went over really well. It was awesome. We had dinner with a really cool family and then visited with the Hispanics!! YAY! So we met with the Morales family and we left with them a piensemento espiritual. We talked about the Brother of Jared and a little bit about the Book of Mormon and what it is for all man kind. We then ended the night correlating with a family and left them with a spiritual thought through song. This song is This is Gospel by Panic at the Disco and I learned the piano version and rewrote lyrics for it so it is Gospel related and aimed at why this Gospel is for everyone and not just for specific people. It's pretty awesome. Thursday came around and we had interviews!! It was pretty awesome getting to talk with President Bartlett and ask some questions about the mission and things that are happening. The only concern I had to tell him was about my allergies cause I apparently I'm allergic to horses too!! Found that out through experience. Stinking allergies... He asked me if I was allergic to cows too and I said I don't know. I'll find out and let you know. After interviews chilled at the church and did weekly planning, had correlation, English class (yes I am attending those to relearn English), then finally left to have a lesson with Augustina who got baptized!!! It was pretty awesome!! Her family is so ready for the Gospel it's crazy. And to think it's because of her that her Father got baptized a month ago. Anyways Friday came and we did service and actually took a Priest with us to go and do some visits so he can get the full mission experience. Saturday, the day of the Baptism. So we had the Baptism and before that, there was a wedding reception so since we were there, we dropped in on the wedding reception and said hi to the couple that got hitched. Then the baptism and wow, the spirit was definitely there. We then had a tight schedule after that. We did visit a family and shared with them the Restoration, dinner and then service right after that. We changed out of suits into more proselyting clothes and I jumped into jeans and a white shirt and tie to do service cause I just didn't care. I'll be one of those missionaries haha... We then met with Augustine to end the night and we talked with him and did some translating for him from Spanish to English. He spoke, I translated, and Elder Ethington wrote what was being said in English. We had fun doing all of that. Sunday came around and we were exhausted. Woke up to go to Ward council and then sat through 3 sacrament meetings. I miss covering only one ward/branch. We then did visits after that and called it a night. Oh and we also confirmed Augustina Sunday as well. We did rock,paper, scissors to see who would do it cause that's how she wanted it to go and I had the opportunity to do so. It was really amazing to everyone that heard the confirmation. It's the first one that I've done and I was nervous like so much. But that puts an end to my week. I hope all of your weeks were fantastic just like you!! I hope you all have an amazing week and just want to let you know I love you ALL!! 
Elder Ruesch Sosa
Elder Ruesch at interviews on Thursday

No comments:

Post a Comment