Monday, March 19, 2018

Week 73 - Bent?? (3/19/2018)


So this week has been a really fun week!! To start off, I have stayed in Rupert!! I beat the odds and have stayed another transfer!! And finally, with the same companion!! Elder Cooke and I are going 3 transfers together!! My longest companion!!!! It's awesome!!!! I'm excited!!! All day Tuesday we were anticipating transfer calls and we were all on edge. I have to say, I was pretty close on my predictions!! I think next transfer, I'm going to Boise Spanish and reopen it to Elders! ;) That would be my dream!! Wednesday we had a lot of good productivity which was good. Not a lot of good success as we were going around. A lot of our appointments fell through. It sucked! We had a lot of good things planned, but none of it happened!! Gosh dang it!! I love Rupert don't get me wrong. It's a fun place to find people. 

Wednesday and Thursday it rained and it was pretty cool!! On Thursday we got to go to Twin for Transfers cause we hauled some luggage up their with my trainee Elder Blaisdell as he was being transferred out. I'll definitely miss him. We got to Twin and it was cool to see some familiar faces and then make our way back here. It was pretty cool! We then tried some people later that night and almost everything fell through. We then got a text from one of our ward members and he offered to take us out to visit some of the Hispanics in the Stake and we tagged along with him. It was awesome!! We got to meet a lot of new people that hopefully will come to the new Spanish Group right here in good old Rupert. 


After our bike ride
Friday was a really good day!! We decided to ride bikes and it was the best decision we made that day. We contacted a lot of people and ended up dropping quite a lot of people. It was worth it. The first few minutes were pretty rough cause it had been awhile since we had done such a thing, but after that, it was pretty good. We had a good bike ride. Afterwards we had gone back to our car cause it was getting really late so we needed light. We tried some more people, but no answers. We did stay diligent though. Gotta look at the plus side of things. 

Saturday I think was the best day for us. I was able to get permission to go to the temple with one of the Recent Converts I knew back in Declo. His family was going to go with him to the temple, but since not all of them are members, they would be waiting in the waiting room. Our Mission President gave us permission to go and be with the family, which is what I wanted. During the entire time I got to talk to the wife and teach her the importance of the temple and why it's possible for all of this to happen. It was such a neat experience to talk to her cause she is so strong in the Gospel. She's got a testimony of these things! It's awesome!! We came back and by the time we got back we just caught a few people home before we had to go to dinner. It was pretty cool. We then went to Stake Conference and got spiritually fed and it was incredible. 

Yesterday as well we got spiritually fed and it was incredible. We had a lot of good moments yesterday. It was awesome!! We tried some people and yet again, appointments fell through. We did catch a family at home and it was pretty cool. We had a good sit down with them to see if they would be interested in us explaining the Gospel to them and they agreed to have us over next Sunday. It was sooo awesome!! 

This week has been great and I'm excited for the next few transfers!! This will be soo awesome!! I love you all!! and I miss you all!! Hope everything is good for you back home!! Oh and I guess to explain the title. So on Saturday, we got home and we were using my phone to make some calls. We did and in one of them I noticed my case wasn't on all the way. So I took off the case and noticed that the back of my phone was popping out as well and I took that off and the battery had expanded and bent the phone!! We were trying to figure out how cause the phone had been in my suit pocket and also in my shirt pocket all day!! We were sooo confused!! It still works, but I feel like it's going to blow up on me. That would suck a lot. But yeah!

Love you all!!

Elder Ruesch

No comments:

Post a Comment