Sunday, April 1, 2018

Week 74 - I See Fire (3/26/2018)

Some sweet guitars
(thought of my brother)
This week has been such a good and fast week. It's hard to remember everything that went on, but we shall see what I can muster up. On Monday we had a great time with Preparation Day and also trying to figure out all the insurance and fixing my phone. Didn't figure it out, but we had good lessons that night and a lot of good invitations handed out that evening. 

Tuesday we had a meeting all day and it was really long and I was tired by the end of it. We got home and had a good lesson with one of our investigators and it was really awesome!! The Spirit was definitely in the room as we were asking questions that were truly inspired. It was a great turn out.

Wednesday we had another meeting, but it wasn't so long so we were actually able to get things done. We went on Exchanges and I got to go back to Declo and it was awesome!! I miss that area soo much!! We tried a lot of Hispanic people and it was cool seeing them again!! I did get to see a lot of familiar faces! Oh how I miss that area.

Some sweet guitars
(thought of my brother)
Thursday we got a lot done! We exchanged back and then we did our famous weekly planning session and got through it pretty roughly. The struggle was real as we let go of some of our investigators to focus more on the Less Actives here in Rupert. But in the end, it will all be worth it. We then tried a whole bunch of names and people trying to see if we could visit them and the struggle was real yet again! It was certainly a grind to go through the day. But we made it!

Friday, another meeting and it again it was incredibly short. We went and had lunch and it was pretty good. We then went and hit the grind again trying to meet with people. We hit a dead end. So we ended up trying to figure out the insurance policies on my phone and we were able to figure it out!! And I was able to get my phone sent out that day!! It was great!! We then just got to work and tried so many people. Had a good lesson that night creating a lesson for a lesson that was going to be given on Sunday (hope that didn't confuse anyone). 

Some sweet guitars
(thought of my brother)
Saturday was just a straight grind. We were working all day trying to invite any Hispanic we could find to this party. All of our lessons cancelled and weren't home so we just pulled every name out of the books and went out on an inviting spree. Thankfully with technology, we were able to message the invitation out to a lot of people. It was cool as we went out and invited cause we saw one of the ladies we invited, show up. It was cool as we were led by the Spirit to her house and to give her an invitation. Spirit is a great compass. The party was a huge success as we saw 26 people show up!! It was incredible!! Elder Cooke was in awe and so was I. A lot more people showed up than we thought. Some from which we didn't know! So that was great!! Say you have free food and people show up!!

Sunday was a good day. It was packed with meetings and surprises! One of the families that was at the party, came to church!! It was awesome!!! We loved it!! Everything was in Spanish and I felt right at home!! It was wonderful!! We concluded the day with a lot of meetings. I was surprised as to how many meetings you could have in one day. 

Bowling score (I'm the top and my comp is right below me)
Well this week was great and it was fun filled. I love the work that I am doing and I wouldn't trade it for anything else. I love you all and I miss you all! There's always a special place for all of you in my heart!!

Elder Ruesch  


View from Declo

View from Declo

View from Declo

No comments:

Post a Comment