Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Week 82 - Spirit of God (5/22/2018)





Well this past week has been so eventful I don't even know where to begin!!
I guess we can start on Monday. It was a pretty chill preparation day. I was getting my accuracy down for soccer. I was taking shots on a basketball hoop from full court and I almost got it in a few times. Put a little too much power into my shot. We then had a great night trying to contact and meet new people.

Tuesday was pretty dang eventful. We had an appointment cancel cause they were sick, well that didn't stop us. Luckily because of technology, we were able to have a Video chat lesson with them. It was awesome to see how tech can come in pretty clutch. We then had some awesome lessons later in the day as tried to meet with new people. We had an awesome spiritual lesson and then we had a cancellation. Luckily we had two back up plans. The third backup is where we found our luck. We met this awesome lady who just broke down into tears as we talked with her. It was amazing as we testified of the Gospel and how it helps us find peace in this life. It was touching. Later in the evening as we went on we also had two awesome appointments with some other families. It is amazing to see how the Lord prepares his children.

Wednesday we had some good finding experiences. We had some things fall through and we tried our best to stay pro-active. We had this really awesome lesson with another family and wow! We saw so much progression from this person. We did not expect it! It was amazing! We had a funny story about our dinner. So we looked at the map to get there and we took the route the map was showing us. We get there and it took us to an emergency exit for where our dinner lives. It was pouring rain and there was no chance that we were going to walk the rest of the distance (which was a few miles) so we drove the long way and got there. I wish our map had service roads blocked off. At least we know for future reference. We then had this amazing lesson to close the night with one of our progressing investigators. It was neat as we taught by the spirit to their needs to help them understand why this Gospel is so important. 

Thursday, what a day. We helped this guy move into Buhl. He is a non-member, but he was so nice and so awesome! We helped him load his stuff from a storage unit into a trailer and then from the trailer into his new house. It was really awesome! We really got to know him as we had talked for 4 hours. We then had our weekly planning session which is always good. We then had dinner with this really awesome family. Then we taught our English Class. It's really good teaching English cause it helps me out a lot. I learn all sorts of rules and things that I had once forgotten haha. 

Friday was our weekly meeting as a District. Really awesome meeting! We then went back to our house cause we were going to do service, but the person we were going to help out cancelled on us. So we worked. We met with the lady I had previously talked about on Tuesday and yet again, we were guided by the spirit when we met. We talked about the Peace and comfort that we can receive because of Jesus Christ. We were meeting outside and it just started to pour and later turned into hail. Herself, the members we brought with us, and us, all booked it to a safe place. We let her go inside and we waited under her cabana until it was safe to make a run for the car. It was cool. We found ourselves on a finding spree and we met with some neat people. We then had a really cool dinner appointment and then a really awesome lesson afterwards. We taught this whole family and it was really neat to feel of their spirit in learning. Afterwards we had a second dinner with another investigating family and we didn't have much time so we talked about the Book of Mormon with them and testified that it is another testament of Jesus Christ. It was neat.

Saturday, what a special day. We only had one lesson planned that day so we had to work hard to find things to do. We worked and worked and had little success at the places we went. We had our lesson and we had to cut it short, but it was really good. After our lesson we went out to the middle of nowhere and tried finding some people. The first person we found home was a member and they just gave us a whole bunch of names to go try in the area. We were running low on time so we asked them if they knew one of our investigators and sure enough they did. We asked if they would be willing to help us out in teaching them and they agreed to do so. It was awesome. We then had a quick meet with another family and booked our way to an appointment. We got there late and the member that was coming with us, just left. So we had to reschedule, but luckily we put it for Sunday. We close the night with a whole bunch of Stake meetings. It was awesome. Didn't have to translate for any of them!

Then Sunday came around. We had Stake Conference and it was really awesome!! I got to translate all of it!! Let me tell you, I was exhausted!! I kept up with the speakers, but wow sometimes they were using words I've never heard of in English. Luckily though, they had a theme and I was able to follow the theme pretty well. Afterwards we talked to a few of the Hispanic people that went and they all appreciated the translating that I did. I was just worried they didn't understand any of it. We then had our lesson with the family we had originally scheduled for Saturday and it was awesome!! It's a part member family and the ones we taught were so excited when we shared what we had wanted to share. It was neat!! We then spent the rest of afternoon doing the studies we didn't do, cause I'm really good at putting them off. And all of a sudden it started to down pour! We left our car at the house and walked to the church. So we booked it home, in the rain, to get to our house so we can drive to our next few appointments. We finished studies at the house and took off. By the time we left, it stopped raining. We had a good time contacting the rest of the night and finding people. Pretty fun.

Monday, was another great day. We had some really great lessons in the afternoon and we tracted. We met this lady who might have some interest in learning more. We will definitely find out. We then had a Spanish appointment and it was awesome!! I love teaching in Spanish. Funny story later. We drove with a member there and I had a good time talking with him. Really cool member. We then had a quick grab dinner and onto our next appointment. Here's the funny story. So we are teaching these two kids and I start to speak and the words that come out of my mouth aren't English... It was kinda embarrassing. I find myself processing my thoughts in Spanish. I wonder if mom does that... I feel your struggle mom! We had a great lesson though. To end the night we went out finding and we were finally able to contact this family we've been trying to contact. Really nice to us and they've been wanting to get ahold of us, they just didn't know how to. Luckily, the Spirit told us to go there. What a great experience. 

And as for today. We got to go to the temple today and it was an awesome experience. I really love going to the temple, I just feel so at peace. This has been a really awesome week and I'm loving being companions with Elder Livingston. I do miss the Rupert Zone a bit just because I was there for forever. I love the work and I love all of you!! I hope you all enjoy this week and the great weather wherever you are!! Apparently, it's still being bipolar here in Idaho!! Haha take care everybody!! I love and miss you all!!

Elder Ruesch

No comments:

Post a Comment