Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Week 87 - What Do I Know...? (6/25/2018)

Well this week has been super crazy!!! I have no idea where to begin. Well, I guess I can start on Monday. What a day that was. So things got crazy and we ended up going on a three day exchange. Things worked out by the third day, but we didn't get much work done in our area. We went into the other Elder's area and worked hard!! We had a few appointments in ours that we kept and Elder Tauanu'u and I flipped a coin to see who would take those and I got the toss. Had an amazing lesson with one of our investigators on Tuesday and it was such an amazing lesson!! Can definitely say, she is so prepared. It was awesome! We then worked in their area for Tuesday and Wednesday and it was a complete grind!

Thursday came around and we were back together, it was awesome! We had our weekly planning session and it was really into detail as we got to work on adding plans to our investigators. It was awesome! We then waited around a bit for the other Elders so we can talk with them and it turned out to be a really good moment for all of us. We then went to an appointment we had set and we just talked and had a great time talking about missionary work. It was neat. Booked it back into town for another appointment and it fell through. So we went on a finding spree and didn't find much. Some dirt... We then had this really awesome lesson to close the night with a family who just recently met with missionaries and is interested. We talked for a long time with this guy cause he had a lot of questions. At first he was pretty skeptical about me, but then started to like me as we talked. He was really nice too, cause he said he had a lot of dogs and cats in his house and Elder Tauanu'u said that it probably wouldn't be a good idea to enter since I'm allergic and he was like that's alright we can talk outside! Super nice guy. We talked and he whipped out 3 guitars and he started jamming. Let's say, we knew what to talk about from that point. Talents. It was a really nice conversation. 
Friday came and it was Zone Conference. It was a great day!! Our Mission President announced that Zone Olympics are making a comeback and we are playing soccer!!! Time to get myself back into Soccer Shape!! (lol). It was a really good Zone Conference and we enjoyed all that we learned. As we were leaving we had some car problems and it wasn't good at all. We got it fixed though which was great. We made our way back to Jerome and had some good contacts and some good things that we did. It was fun.

Saturday was a great day. We had a meeting in the morning with some service, it was awesome!! Got a lot of good things done and we even got to pick some strawberries!! Afterward we made our way back home to change and eat and we had a good little comp study and we got to work. Went on a contacting spree. After that we had some really great lessons. We had one with a couple and wow they dropped some huge surprises on us!! One that they are getting married and two they've been thinking a lot about the husbands baptism!! It was so awesome to be there for that. And the next great lesson came an hour later with one of our other investigators. She is so prepared, it's awesome! We taught some commandments and wow she's prepared. We were able to set her on baptismal date for June  28th and she's super excited!! After the lesson she asked when we could meet again and we had an appointment with her on Sunday!! Best thing about Saturday was at the lesson with the couple. The husband said the closing prayer and in his prayer he thanked God for letting Mexico win another game!! I was cheering for joy in my head when I heard that.
Sunday was jam packed!! From 7:30-2:15 we were in meetings all day. We were about exhausted!!! After all the church meetings we went home and had an early dinner. Then we had our Facebook video chat with the same investigator. We taught everything else she needed for baptism and she is super excited for it!! It's awesome!! After that we tried some people and found some people we'd been trying to look for!! It was so awesome just seeing how the spirit could direct us!! It was an amazing day to say the least!!
Well that's my week in a nutshell! This week has been super great and a good learning experience for me. You all may not be able to notice, but I've been struggling with English. I know weird right. I grew up with it, but at the same time, I have grown up with Spanish too. I'm back to that internal conflict where I have no idea what I'm saying in English. A lot of the time, I have to reword things several times before I get it right. Crazy... It's getting better though... I think. Well I hope you all have a great week and enjoy things!! I'm going Mexico all the way for the World Cup!!! VIVA MEXICO!! 

Elder Ruesch

No comments:

Post a Comment