Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Week 85 - ZEBRAED!! (6/11/2018)



So this week has been crazy!! I'll explain the title later in my email.
Last Monday we had a great Preparation Day just chilling at a park, it was awesome! Right after that we got to work and tried contacting some people and it was pretty great contacting done. We also tried saying goodbye to one of our investigators cause she's moving and she did move. It was sad to see them leave. 

Tuesday was a good day of working hard!! We met a lady on Monday and we offered to do some service for her Monday night and we came back on Tuesday to help out. She was so very grateful for what we had done. She had sent texts to us of appreciation, it was all really nice. We then went and took a photo with our investigator and fellowshipping family. It was neat to say goodbye again. After that we went to an appointment that we had to cancel because we couldn't get anyone to come with us to that appointment. Afterwards we did some more contacting and we then had a lesson with a lady and it was really neat being able to testify of how our Heavenly Father will help us in all our trials. Luckily we had another lesson in the vicinity so we walked from house to house getting to our next appointment which was really great as well. We just got to know this lady since we've been trying to contact her for a month and even before I got to Buhl the Elders have been trying to get a hold of her. We finally did and got to know her. We then booked it from their to our dinner and then had a great appointment to close the night with one of our investigators. It was a really great appointment as we talked with her about what she wanted with this life and how she would progress by following the commandments our Heavenly Father had given us. We came home after that appointment and we awaited the call of transfers. We were in watching the Face to Face with President Nelson when the call came in...and I was told I was leaving to go to Jerome!! I pulled a one and done in Buhl and made my way to Jerome!! The reason for my title is this... I'm no longer teaching in Spanish!!!!!! I'm in a pure English Area... I cried...
Wednesday, I got to packing my things in between all the appointments that we had. We did a lot of service that day and it was pretty great! It was awesome being able to serve. We tried a lot of people and we even had a great lesson with a lady and it was awesome! We then had dinner and we even helped our dinner out with some service. We installed an A/C unit into their window. It was quite a tight fit. I then got to packing my things again and then we got a call from my good ol trainee Elder Blaisdell in Jerome, telling us of a family that is moving into the area. So we got a hold of this family and helped move them in. It was pretty cool as it was the last time, I'd be using my Spanish :'( 
Thursday was a good day. Got up and finished packing and said all my goodbyes to those I got close with in the 6 weeks I was there. We then made our way to Twin Falls and I met my companion and helped out some of the other missionaries get settled and situated and then we went to Jerome! So far I've been loving it here. I'm not used to solely English, so that'll be a transition for me. But something before I go to far. Our mission President caught me and my companion, which by the way is Elder Tauanu'u, and had asked him if he knew Spanish. He said no, and Mission President said, "Pay attention, you've got a good teacher." and walked away. We were confused and we have no idea what he meant by that. We got to working that night and it flew by.

Friday we had our weekly planning session and it was really great. Afterwards we helped out at a food bank here in time and it was pretty fun. I actually got to use my Spanish there. We then went and tried a few people, then had to run some errands. Got things settled and we went on a grid teaching. We had a party that night and we were trying to get people to that party and it was really neat getting people to it. It was a work in progress, but the party was awesome! So far I've been blessed with awesome members in every ward I've served in. 
Saturday we got to working pretty dang quick in the day! We had a meeting in the morning and we then started to get things going for investigators as for rides to church. We then helped out the Spanish Elders with their trash cause someone stole their trashcan. Who does that?!?!? We then had a good lesson with one of our investigators and he has really changed according to Elder Tauanu'u. So that's pretty cool. We then had inspections and we later tried contacting some people in the area. Had dinner and then we tried some people after that and we met a guy to finish the night which was awesome!! He just moved here from Riverside California and he had a great experience with the church down in Riverside. It was awesome!! He was a miracle find for sure. 

Sunday was a day jam packed with meetings. It was crazy. We bounced between wards and the one YSA ward we cover.It was crazy! We were able to make some contacting which was pretty awesome! We got appointments all set this week and we closed our night with one of our Bishops talking about the area. It was pretty cool!!

So yeah that's my week for you here in the Jerome area! It's weird that I only got to be in Buhl for one transfer, but I guess I am needed here for a purpose. Don't know what yet! I love you all and I hope you all have a great week!!

Elder Ruesch

No comments:

Post a Comment