Monday, October 24, 2016

Final week at MTC

So this week was pretty interesting if I say so myself. I got sick and was just totally not into it at all. I couldn't even teach a lesson without passing out during it or staying awake in class. It was awful, but I learned some things from it. Being in a high position (zone leader for this instance) can be pretty tiring, but as long as you put your faith forward to have it tried, the Lord will bless you and he did bless me later in the week. We had the opportunity this past week to teach our investigator and it was the hardest thing to say goodbye to her. She was really getting comfortable with us and she actually started to read the Book of Mormon. There was a scripture that I had shared with her and another scripture that another pair of companions shared with her that caught her interest which was really amazing and she loved them. The scripture that the other companionship had shared was 2 Nephi 2:25 which reads "Adam fell that men might be, and men are that they may have joy" and she just loved that scripture. To serve with the two Elders that shared that scripture was really wonderful. The scripture that I had shared with her can be found in Moroni 10: 29. I don't recall exactly what it says, but it really caught her eye. As our lesson went on she had told us something that intrigued me at the moment. She had said she was with a Baptist Pastor and he conveniently had a BoM with him and had said (cause she shared she was meeting with the Missionaries) that men are saved by their own actions and not by the grace of God. Which struck me a little bit because that is not at all true. And I had a thought in my head "I know a scripture that talks about the grace of God and that we are saved through that." So I pull out my scriptures and flip to Moroni 7:45 and 47, but I felt an impression to look somewhere else. So I pulled out my English scriptures and as I started skimming them I came across a photo that I had received from my seminary teacher my sophomore year. It was a picture of the Christus and a scripture in the BoM. As I read it in English, I flipped to it in Spanish and read it to her. The scripture Moroni 10:32 changed how she looked at the Book of Mormon. She asked me if I could write it down for her and she said she would read it when she had the chance. It was a really spiritual moment and my companion was just in awe. I love him so much and we work really well together. I'm sad he won't be my companion in the field, but only time will tell. We were able to host some of the new missionaries this week and that was really fun. I actually got to host two of the new Elders in our zone out of the four. It was really amazing. The opportunity that I have to serve a mission is a tremendous experience and I wouldn't trade it for the world. Being able to serve is one of the best things I could ever think of. This will be the best two years for my life right here and I would like to thank everybody who has helped me get here in this moment of my time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment