Monday, October 31, 2016

Week 1 in the Field (10/31/2016)

So my first week flew by (technically 5 days). So when I arrived in Boise the first day we had to stay in a hotel because we arrived late that night, which is pretty weird if you ask me. Thursday though I met my trainer and we got right down to business. He is so awesome I love how enthusiastic he is!! On Thursday we got right down to business and had a few lessons to go and teach which was really amazing. Friday we had comp study and personal study which I learned a few new things in it. But we went out and did some lessons again and I actually spoke!! I didn't just sit there and look dumb hahah! A lot of times in these lessons I feel the spirit and it's really great to feel that spirit. There was a party later that day and we went to it and it's funny when people ask about my companion cause they start to wonder where his other companion went to...lol... But the even funnier part of this is when we were at the party, some of the investigators were there, which is awesome, and they asked me if I could speak Spanish (in English) and I just started to speak back to them in Spanish and they seemed shell shocked. A white boy can speak Spanish. It's hilarious in my eyes. Any ways the best part is that I actually get to stay in Boise, well for at least 2 transfers. I'm the only Spanish Elder that stayed here in Boise out of the 7 of us that arrived. This week was really spiritual and heart breaking. So it's only like my 2nd or 3rd day out, and we get a call saying that we are having Sisters in our mission. Sister missionaries! My companion, Elder Sarabia, started to freak out cause we were told we would have to split up the area with the sisters so that way they have stuff to do. Which wasn't a bad thing, just a lot of stress to divide the area book and talk things over with them about boundaries. It was tough on my companion, but I feel that a lot of work will get done here in Boise and we don't have to do the work alone. Saturday was another good day for us because we did some service and that was pretty fun. We got to dig a hole. And haul dirt from that hole. Right now it is about 6 feet deep and we still need to go another 8 feet for it. But our backs hurt!! But that means we did a great service. Sunday I have to say was the best part of our week. So we were meeting with an investigator and we were talking to him about baptism. And his family all our members except for him. So we were getting talking and we felt like he was ready for baptism so we popped the question........and he said yes!! We have a baptismal date for December 24th (what a great Christmas Present lol) and we are so excited for it. My companion/trainer is a really great guy who is filled with knowledge and the spirit. I feel so honored to be his "son"  (missionary talk). It's been a real pleasure to serve him. And here's where it gets interesting. So one of his companions back in Twin Falls, was Elder Hansen from Apple Valley. That is sooo funny how he knows him and how I know him. All is well here in the mission field and I'm so happy to serve. It's something I love to do. Today is P-Day and we actually get a full day off because of Halloween. Once in a lifetime thing haha. But it's a day to prepare and get ready for this week and that is exactly what I will do. I send love and hope from Boise!! Hasta luego!!
 
MTC District

MTC District

My companion Elder Sarabia

The other Elders in our apartment


-Elder Ruesch

No comments:

Post a Comment