Monday, January 9, 2017

Week 11 - Grounded (1/9/2017)

So as for this week....we were grounded.... So we got record snow this week and all of the mission was shut down due to it. We couldn't leave, our car was grounded, and we were only allowed to walk to any house that is close to our apartment which we already did the previous day and scheduled appointments with them. So this week we really didn't have much to do. We did get to say goodbye to Homero cause he went off to college in Northern Idaho. He's off to do great things and hopefully spread the gospel up there. He's a really good guy. Well since I last wrote, nothing has changed. I've learned to drive in the snow which is good to have since I'll be living up in Rexburg after my two years. We did service on Thursday for some of our investigators, recent converts, and members. Well we tried to. A lot of times we got our car stuck (mainly me) and we spent most of the time getting it unstuck. But oh well haha it was funny and fun to do at the same time. Friday we did get to see some people just before we got hit again with another part of the storm. We were able to escape and then see a family who really wants to go to church and we are helping them come and they are just a really sweet family. The spirit here in Boise is so amazing. In closing cause I really don't have much more to say other than we haven't killed each other in that apartment of ours, but a quote that I found this week that has been really great and can serve as a constant reminder of who we are. This quote is by Elder Jeffrey R. Holland and it says, "Keep trying, Keep trusting. Keep believing. Keep Growing. Heaven is cheering you on today, tomorrow, and forever." I'd just like to say we are all children of our Heavenly Father and He, Christ, and the angels are cheering us on today as we face trial and tribulation. I know that this is true and we have a loving Heavenly Father who is here for us. I love you all and I hope your week is amazing.
 
Oh and here's a picture with Homero. Us saying goodbye to him.
Love,
Elder Ruesch

No comments:

Post a Comment