Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Week 19 - The Declo Change! (3/6/2017)

So the change to Declo was a lot different. To end my week in Boise, I got to say goodbye to some of the families that I had gotten really close with and I plan on going back after the mission to see them again. I do truly miss those families. I got packed and ready to go. It took awhile, but I got packed as much as I didn't want to leave. I got to drive down to Twin Falls with Elder Martin who is an English Elder and talked with him on the way down. It was a fun experience cause that is the first time I've ever driven that long of a distance on the Freeway. It was quite fun! I got to Twin and started talking with some Elders and Sisters and catching up with them before I met my new companion Elder Ethington. He is my uncle in the mission so it's pretty awesome!! I find myself serving with Twin Falls missionaries which I don't mind cause we can relate cause I learn all the Twin lingo and stories. So I'm practically a Twin/Boise missionary!! Anyways we got to Declo on Thursday and it is a small town. A lot of country and not a lot of stores. But the people here are amazing!! It's really amazing how welcoming they were when I got here into Declo. I got to introduce myself and get to know the members a lot. We cover 5 wards in one stake and I was right to presume it's a SpEnglish area (Yes I know I misspelled it I did that for a reason). We do a lot of teaching in English more so than Spanish :'( I'm going to miss just being a Spanish Speaking Elder, but I'll get over that pretty quickly. I got to meet a lot of the ward missionaries, ward missionaries, and some of the members these past few days and it's pretty cool. We live like right next door to a lot of members and a few investigators. It's pretty awesome! Our house is a little small, but I no longer have to deal with a bunk bed and climbing up stairs!! :D This week has been just really great kicking if off in a new area. We've met with some less actives, new convert, and one investigators all within the few days I've been here. It's been pretty awesome!! I will miss you Boise!, but I'm loving Declo right now!! A quick spiritual thought to end the email, something that I've learned through my 6 months (I officially hit 6 months yesterday!) is that we need to not fear time. For time is just an aspect. A little quote regarding this that I love and implement everyday of my mission is "Don't just fill time, make time." When we make time to do the things that matter most, our Heavenly Father will bless us for those things we make time for. I know that this Gospel is true and that our Heavenly Father loves each and every one of us. I know the church has been restored on this Earth for all mankind. I leave you all with these words and my testimony in the name of Jesus Christ. I LOVE YOU ALL!!!! HAVE AN AMAZING WEEK!!! 
Elder Ruesch Sosa
Me and my companion Elder Ethington.

No comments:

Post a Comment