Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Week 62 - New Year New Me? (1/2/2018)


Selfie after Interviews
So this week has been quite spectacular, but also long to say the least. It's a New Year and most people quote New Year New Me. I'd like to change that to New Year Progressing Me. Life is about progression and it makes no sense (at least to me) to be new. We're all unique in our own ways and to progress is key. Let's start out by defining progress: "forward or onward movement toward a destination." Now we've all got goals in mind and we certainly do want to achieve them. Consider this new year as a way to achieve those goals. And to make them last so we can continually, "Light the World". 

New Years Eve
I've seen how progression can really be vital. This past week we finally were able to meet with some of our investigators and one of them conveniently we met with while on Exchanges. So my companion could not speak Spanish at all and I was left alone to teach. Used to it, but I don't like it. Went in with no idea what to teach or even what to do. Said a quick prayer in my heart that we could be guided and we definitely were guided. We asked about how they were doing on their Book of Mormon reading and they were reading just before we arrived. We talked about what they read and we were able to answer the question that they had. It's amazing to see how the Spirit can truly help us after not meeting with someone for quite a long time. It's been truly a gift none of the less. To close that lesson we committed them to read and pray, to ask God, about any question that they would have and also to ask us. We were able to connect with them on Facebook and whenever they need to ask us something, we can answer in a group chat. It's pretty nice seeing the Lord's hand in this work. It's been incredible.

Staying busy this last week has been really easy with meetings and such and I'm hoping to take  break for a little bit to get back down to Earth. It's been nice and all, but I love just doing the work. Thank you to everyone who has made 2017 an amazing memory I really appreciate it. Let us make 2018 an amazing year! I look forward to all the blessings that come with it.


I love you all and I miss you all. I hope you all stay safe and enjoy the time you have!!

Elder Ruesch Sosa

No comments:

Post a Comment