Monday, January 22, 2018

Week 65 - Don't Kill Me Mom (1/22/2018)

Shoving my braced foot into my shoe
to look professional still....



So this week has flown by pretty quick and I'll get to the title later, probably soon. We've had some awesome lessons this week which has kept me super happy until I sprained my ankle. Mom just so you know, I'm okay. We were playing Basketball and as everyone knows, that is not my sport. I went in for a drive and I went up and when I came down, I landed on someone else's foot and there went my right ankle. But on the flip side I made the shot!! Know I'm in a brace again for who knows how long. Yesterday was the first time we walked a whole lot and wow did that hurt. Enough with my pain on sadness, I'll move on to some happy things that happened this week.
Mission Leadership Council

Well, like I said we had some pretty great lessons this week and one of them is with a family that we've been trying to work with for quite some time. We were able to meet with them and talk about commandments with them. As we were going along they even brought their kids into the lesson!! It was so awesome to see that they were already willing to share the Gospel with their kids whom we've not met. It was just wonderful to see the joy in their eyes as we shared the Gospel with the entire family and even give a Priesthood blessing for their sick child. As we got out my companion said he started to feel sick. It was pretty funny as he came to the realization that he wasn't sick. 

Mission Leadership Council
Another great moment was what happened on Preparation Day before I sprained my ankle. We were with some other Elders and they needed haircuts and my companion wanted one too. So I just waited out in the foyer listening in to their conversations they were having with their hair stylist. When all of a sudden a lady walked in to set an appointment for the following day. I listened and I could tell English wasn't her first language, but she spoke it pretty well. She left and saw me and we greeted one another. She probably came in maybe 2 minutes later and asked if I spoke Spanish and I had said yea I do. We talked and she referred herself to us. I grabbed her info and she left. I paused for a quick second cause I was worried she may not be in our area. I pulled up our area map and looked at the address she gave me and sure enough, she is in our area!! We contacted her and her family and it was a great experience. It was sure a miracle for me that they were in our area. 
Mission Leadership Council

I have seen so many miracles even with a bad foot. It's amazing to know that miracles still go on today. Cause I don't know about you, but I definitely need them,especially to get this ankle healed. I love you all so very much and thank you for being you. I really appreciate it. I love and miss you all and I hope you have a great week!!

Elder Ruesch Sosa

No comments:

Post a Comment