Friday, January 19, 2018

Week 63 - The World Keeps Spinning (1/8/2018)

Elder Cooke and I Bowling
Final Score
So this week there have been tiny miracles everywhere. It's been really amazing to see them all. One focus for me specifically has been the power of Prayer. Prayer has all sorts of definitions and meanings, but the one I like the most is that it is a two way conversation with us and God. And one of the greatest things about Prayers, is that he always answers them. I've seen that as a key focus this week in just about everything. We've had some really good lessons this week one in particular that was pretty cool with a family that we met not too long ago. We got in not knowing what to expect. From the go, we started talking about their questions and I felt the need to ask if we could start out with a prayer. We did and the atmosphere changed, like I'm not kidding it was different. We bore simple testimony of the things we know that led to helping their questions being somewhat answered. We asked if they read from the Book of Mormon and wow there was peace in the room. It was remarkable. We left them with a promise to continue reading and to pray about it and they will receive an answer to their questions. We left and we were in utter shock as to what happened. It was really nice knowing what a simple prayer to start out, could do.

Exchanges
This week has been a really great week. Went on exchanges twice and just did a lot of Spanish work. Got to go back to my old treading grounds of Declo and got to see some of the people I was working with when I was there. It was great to go back and see some of the amazing people I knew while I was there. It sure was a sweet treat to go back and visit those I taught and also some people I had contacted before I got transferred out. It was really awesome.
Then with a second exchange I got to stay in Rupert and we worked at the Spanish. I was with a new missionary and we just worked at the Spanish (since that is all we do). We worked and I was amazed by how much he could grasp from a conversation that we'll have with a first contact or with someone that we've been teaching. It amazed me! and it was awesome! 

Exchanges
Things are going good here in the great old state of Idaho. I've decided that I'll be staying here in the Rupert area for awhile. I just got that feeling, but who knows where I'll end up. I'm loving the mission each day and it's hard to think I've been out for as long as I have been. Time just flies on the Lord's Errand. 

One last thing. We had the opportunity to try out our new technology in teaching. We have an investigator that it has been hard to meet with so we decided that we would try a Facebook lesson. And to our surprise it worked. We taught them over Facebook just small simple things like reading and going to church. It was quite cool to see how we could have a productive lesson using it. Also got to reconnect with a family I was teaching in my previous area whom I love so much. They moved and I was able to find them once again and started to connect with them. It's amazing what technology can do in the Lord's work. I truly testify it's for his work and not mine. 


I love you all and I miss you all!! Stay happy and have a great week everyone! Remember, you're with me always!!

Elder Ruesch Sosa

No comments:

Post a Comment