Friday, January 19, 2018

Week 64 - With Patience Unyielding (1/16/2018)

Quote
So this has been a super long week and I'm just overly exhausted so this may be short (still contemplating it in my head). It's still pretty cold here so that may be playing a factor. Things are pretty good here I'm just exhausted. Something that has been really prevalent in this long week has been patience. Here's why.

So we work with pure Spanish work here in Rupert and I'll just say it's tough. We really don't get past the first lesson for a lot of people and even then we can't get them to come to church. We've had really incredible lessons with people, it's just what follows. So it's pretty rough, but I wouldn't change a thing about it. Sure, I'm mentally and physically exhausted (some days more than others), but I'm learning how to love them continually more and more. Even if they do frustrate me. I know for sure the Lord is playing a hand in all of this. Whether I be planting a seed or seeing them progress, I will not know. 
Funny pic I saw in the Bathroom
I guess one of the things that has been pretty nice was last week a lesson that we had with an investigating family. We read with them 2 Nephi 31 and talked about being Obedient to our Heavenly Father. They flat out told us "So we're not being obedient by being baptized? Huh, I guess we need to work on that," It was just amazing to see how determined they are to progress. There are definite small miracles in the work, it's the matter of seeing them. 

Another thing that was really inspiring was the funeral of the former Prophet Thomas S. Monson. I couldn't help but cry a little during the funeral. He really was a big example for me in a lot of things. For serving a mission and just serving others. If there is one thing I will remember from him will be Service and Charity. Two things he personified magnificently. Later in the District Meeting we had that same day, we all bore testimony of something that we've liked about Thomas S. Monson and how he has influenced us. It really brought the spirit into the room. I truly love feeling that spirit. 

A translation I started for some new rules.
Found out, they already have been translated by the church...
Well there really isn't anything else I can think to put on my email that would necessarily be of good content. I just want to let you all know that I do love you and I do miss you all sincerely. Don't worry about me, I'm in the Lord's hands. Stay strong and remain who you are!!

Elder Ruesch Sosa

No comments:

Post a Comment