Monday, February 12, 2018

Week 67 - The Wind is Howling (2/5/2018)


Me and my new found cape
So this week has been a little of a crazy one towards the end of things. To start off, I'm still in Rupert and still 100% right on my feelings of transfers!! I am still 12 for 12!! Wow it is crazy how fast time flies!! As of today I have been out 16 months and it's so hard to believe that I have been out this long. Time just flies! Sorry mom if you don't feel the same way. I'm loving my mission and everything that happens, even in the rough slow days. The one positive out of the week still keeps me going. 

Well we had an amazing turn out in finding this week, even though we didn't find this new investigator at all. He found us! I've never had that happen before!! Someone actually coming to us and telling us they want to be taught! We were able to teach them the first two lessons back to back cause they wanted us over two days in a row. Wow! They are so prepared!! We went in and asked a lot of inspired questions and testing their knowledge and wow, the small simple testimony that they have, was very powerful. The spirit was so strong in the room as we taught the things we know to be true. And even earlier that day, we witnessed the same miracle. We have also been trying to see this family for awhile and we just could never get a hold of them, until last week. We remembered that they told us they are usually home in the mornings at around 10-12. So we stopped by at around 11ish and had an amazing lesson with them.We talked about the Book of Mormon and what they read and they loved what they had read!! It just touched their hearts!! We were able to testify that those things they read about were true and their countenance just was lively! We asked them if they believed that Joseph Smith was truly a Prophet of God and the wife just said yes. She went on to explain and wow, Elder Cooke and I were amazed by her testimony. I love seeing the small things like that and how they keep me going. It's the reason why I serve. To see other people enjoy the happiness that I have found through the Gospel. Elder Cooke and I talked about that lesson and we were just both surprised. 

Icing the foot
We still have our struggles, don't get me wrong. We can't get anyone to church cause there is no Spanish support. We are hoping that will change soon. We would love that and I know that those that we teach would love that! Cause for now, it's me and Elder Cooke translating and we aren't the best at it. 

So As I started, transfers were this week and we ran into a problem. We were using our new Area Book Planner app to plan our day and we did, but as I synced I got notified that one of us was being transferred. I was like no, were not. I proceeded with the sync and I lost our entire area book. Just gone. I told Elder Cooke not to sync just as a back up and luckily it was a good thing that he didn't. After a whole bunch of talking with the Assistants and trying to get this worked out we were able to eventually figure it out. So if I make one recommend to any missionaries that are getting this email and that will be transitioning to Smartphones, it would be this. Make sure that all the areas are named correctly. That was the problem we ran into. Our area was named Rupert when we are Rupert West Spanish. So they changed the names on ours, but really just flipped the areas and I lost everything. Elder Cooke eventually just reassigned all of our investigators to the assistants, and they reassigned them back to us. In the end it worked out. But I was going in full panic mode if we couldn't get them back. Just know that you can now. 

Well I love you all and I hope you had a great week last week and that you have a great week this week!!!

Elder Ruesch Sosa

No comments:

Post a Comment