Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Week 70 - Enduring to the End (2/26/2018)


So this week has been pretty interesting. I got sick and I got sick big time. I've been sick for like a week and luckily I have been getting better. Didn't stop me from doing the Lord's work though. We saw little miracles this week and a lot of craziness as well. It was quite interesting to see it all unfold to say the least. 


This past week we had the opportunity to go on two exchanges and for both of them I stayed here in Rupert. The first one was a really great learning experience for both me and the Elder that I was with. We were able to see little miracles come about by using the technology that we have now received. We went and walked a few of the streets of Rupert to catch anyone outside since our appointment wasn't home and we did find a few. All English speaking though which was a little dis-heartening. But it was all good. We had some really good conversations with them and maybe, just maybe, they will investigate the church and be really good members. We had to hand those off to the Sisters and hopefully, good will come out of it for them. We're pretty lucky that the English Sisters that we have in our Stake, are really good, hard working sisters. Live in a spoiled world here in Rupert. 


The Second exchange that I went on was with a greenie and I felt so out of it that day. I was taking so many medications to treat all the symptoms that I had and nothing was working. I was amazed by how nothing was working at all. We still worked pretty hard though. We had a few doors closed in our face and some few choice words told at us, but we continued the good fight. That day we just rolled out Facebook to one of the Districts and they were sooo excited for it. So I also helped this new missionary clean out his and we almost cleaned it all out. It was pretty cool. 

Things have been pretty good for us here in Rupert. We did receive a lot of snow and it's a good thing I do know how to drive in it, thanks to last year. I love being with my companion and it has been really fun being here in this Zone and I'm getting close to a year in it. It's crazy that half of my mission (once it is two full years) I have been down here in the Rupert area. I love you all and I miss you all!! I hope everything is well with everybody!! Enjoy your week!!

Elder Ruesch Sosa





No comments:

Post a Comment